Thursday, January 21, 2016

Cheddar Bay Biscuits (Vegan Copycat)

I don't remember where I originally found this recipe because it's written on an index card in my recipe box.  It was one of those I kept around from before I went Vegan because I knew I could Veganize it.  These are super yum and are similar to those addictive biscuits they give you at Red Lobster.

INGREDIENTS:

4 c. Baking mix (such as Bisquick) or make your own
8 oz. Shredded Vegan Cheddar-style shreds (I used Daiya brand)
1 1/3 c. melted Vegan butter (I use Earth Balance)

Topping:

1/2 c. melted butter
2 t. garlic powder
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. onion powder
1/2 t. dried parsley

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.  Line large rectangular baking sheet with parchment paper.  Mix together first three ingredients in large bowl.  Spoon dough onto baking sheet in 12 spoonfuls.  Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown.  Combine topping ingredients into small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds - 1 minute.  Brush spiced butter over biscuits and place back in over for additional 5 minutes.

MAKES 1 dozen

No comments:

Post a Comment