Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Creamy Artichoke and Lemon Pasta Sauce


I made this recipe a couple years ago and the kids didn't care for it.  Tastes change so I tried it again.  Again, the sauce was tart when I made it, so I added some things to the final product and this time it was a huge hit with everyone.  I don't know where I found the recipe to begin with, and I couldn't find it online, so I can't credit the creator.

INGREDIENTS:

1 lb. pasta of choice cooked according to directions
1 can artichoke hearts (approx 15 oz.)
1/2 c. olive oil
6 cloves garlic
1/4 c. fresh parsley
1 T. lemon juice
1 t. fresh lemon zest/peel
2 t. sugar
salt and pepper to taste (I used about 1 1/2 t. salt and 1/2 t. pepper)

1/4 c. white wine
1/2 c. Vegan mayo

DIRECTIONS:

Blend artichokes, olive oil, garlic, parsley, lemon juice, zest, sugar, salt and pepper in food processor until smooth.  Pour over cooked pasta.  Add wine and mayo; stir to combine.  Heat longer on medium heat if necessary.

serves 6-8

No comments:

Post a Comment